Stimming is a self-stimulatory behavior that can help people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) regulate their emotions and focus their attention. There are many different types of stim toys, but one of the most popular is the Chew Stimming Necklace.
Chew stimming necklaces are made of a variety of materials, including silicone, wood, and fabric. They often have beads or other small objects that can be chewed on. Chew stimming necklaces can help people with ASD to:
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Improve focus and concentration
- Self-regulate their emotions
- Promote sensory input
There are many benefits to using a Chew Stimming Necklace. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Reduces anxiety and stress. Chewing can be a calming and soothing activity for people with ASD. When they are feeling anxious or stressed, they can chew on their necklace to help them relax.
- Improves focus and concentration. Chewing can help people with ASD to focus their attention on a task. When they are chewing, they are less likely to be distracted by other things.
- Self-regulates emotions. Chewing can help people with ASD to self-regulate their emotions. When they are feeling overwhelmed, they can chew on their necklace to help them calm down.
- Promotes sensory input. Chewing can provide sensory input that can be calming and soothing for people with ASD. The different textures and shapes of the beads or objects on the necklace can provide a variety of sensory experiences.
At Orbrom Center, we use chew stimming necklaces to help students with autism self-regulate and reduce anxiety. For more information about Autism in Cambodia please contact us following the contact options down below.